To guide and train the students towards achieving excellence in their professional and personal life.
Residential Bridge camp (RBC) is an important component of the training packages offered to the student community by Vidya Poshak. It is a bridge between the student and his/her dreams in augments the needs of students which they rarely get in their college. Residential Bridge camp creates a space for each student to explore his/her potentials and imbibe skills that help them sail through successfully in their academic life as well as their future professional life. The students will be facilitated to know their strength, weakness and opportunities.
The recipients of financial assistance from Vidya Poshak, majority of who hail from rural background with Kannada (Vernacular) medium of education in their schooling, are invited to the camp. In some cases, few local students of the same age group are also invited. The syllabus is set based on the students; stream and the year they are studying in.
Objectives of the camp are as follows.
- Improving IQ, EQ and SQ of the students.
- Increasing the confidence levels and thereby reducing their inferiority complex.
- Setting and achieving the desired career goals.
- Imparting skills required to excel in academic, personal and professional life.
- The camps are residential in nature.
- Ice breakers are conducted to bring the students out of hesitation and inferiority.
- Students are engaged in different activities from morning six to evening eight throughout the camp duration.
- Life Skill modules recognized by ‘WHO’ are part of every camp.
- Baseline evaluation and final evaluation of the students are done based on tried and trusted parameters to ensure improvement among them.
- Feedback on each session is taken at the end of the session to better trim our programs.