Vidya Poshak is a registered NGO serving the education community since 2001.
“We strongly believe Education is the solution for Ending Poverty. When we invest in a Young, economically challenged meritorious youth for a few years, we can break the poverty cycle of a family forever”
Nurture Merit Program Is a well-designed, structured, and focused program to support bright students coming from economically challenged families for their Higher Education to complete their Graduation degree leading to meaningful employment/self-employment.
Nurture Merit Program Components
- Financial Assistance: This will cover college fees, transportation, and exam fees. Along with this additional amount for coaching is given for a few performers. For some extreme need-based cases (10%) additional amount is also given to cover room and boarding
- Knowledge Center Services: Reference books, Career Counseling, Online Webinars, Mentoring Activities, Industry visits, and Monthly workshops are provided to the students.
- Bridge Training: Every student will be provided with various skill and need-based training to enhance communication/life skills and employment opportunities. Along with this to ensure creating good, sensitive citizens for the society.
Levels of the Screening process
- First level screening: SSLC Marks & Based on the documents uploaded (Electricity Bill + Ration Card + Bank Pass Book)
- Second Level Screening: Telephonic Discussion will be conducted by Volunteers and will be hosted by VP Team.
- Third level Screening: Dwelling unit visits by Volunteers to meet the parents & assess the poverty condition.
Financial Support details:
Support amount to be transferred to the students’ account directly to their account.
- Financial support for Non-Professional (PUC & Degree) students up to INR 15,000/20,000
- Financial support for professional Education (Engineering & Medical) is up to INR 50,000/- & above based on donors wish
- Agri & Allied courses, (Nursing, Horticulture, Fisheries, etc.) Support up to INR25000/-
- higher level of Poverty and a higher level of merit will get priority for support