Vidya Poshak Since Inception & Impact Report 2001 – 2015
Till date 26 + Crores invested for Empowerment of youth since 2001.
- Financial assistance
- 15000+student Beneficiaries progress to next level of Literacy with an investment of more than INR 15.0Crores directly by Vidya Poshak.
- 1,80,000+ Students directly benefited through 5 Libraries and 28 Book Bank Centers
- More than 1,10,000 students directly trained through different Skill Development trainings like Residential Bridge Camps, C-DOSS, Education Loan Awareness Program, English Language Improvement etc
- 4000+ student beneficiaries have settled through gainful employment in their life and brought their families out from the clutches of economic backwardness.
- 100% Applicants home was visited by the volunteers. On an average every year more than 1000 house visits are made covering 600 village/smalls towns from 10 districts.
- More than 300 Senior volunteers and 200+ youth Volunteers were engaged in several programs of Vidya Poshak
|Nurture Merit – Analysis|
|Year||Financial Support cost||Library Cost||Camp Cost||No.of students Inducted||No of Scholarchips||No.of Books||No of Students Utilized Libraries||No of Camps||No of Students trained|
- No of Students Employed Through Nurture Merit Program : 1950 +
- Engineers : 700 +
- Doctors : 21
- Government Job : 200+
- Private Sector Job : 1025+
- 50+ students pursuing Charted Accountancy
- 800+ Students Continuing their Post graduation
- Number of Students Employed through Graduate Finishing School Program : 2200+
- Six main Libraries & 28 book bank centers are extending library services to the needy student community
- More than 30000 students utilized our library service every year.
- 60000+books are available in our library main branches & Book centers
- On an average 12,362 books are distributed to 3,783 students per year through rural book bank centers
- More than a lakh of students have been assisted with 50000+books worth 100lakhs.
- 1,10,000+ students were directly trained through our flagship programs like Residential bridge camps, Education awareness programs, CDOSS, English Language improvement program & Employment readiness Program &other training programs
- So far CDOSS has trained 70,000 students, 6,000 teachers, 4,734 parents /employees of various government and non-government institutions
- Till date 6500 students were trained through 150 residential bridge camps
- Vidya Poshak conducted more than 50 awareness campaigns in collaboration with banks and government officials to guide deserving students in getting education or vocational training loans. Till date 25000+ students benefited through our ELAAP program
- In 2013 Vidya Poshak has launched Employment readiness program and through this 600 students were trained and provided employment with an average salary of 12000 Per month.
- Winner -2013 E NGO awards for organizational efficiency among 250 contests from south Asia
- Winner –Manthan award 2013 for social media empowerment
- Vidya Poshak is the regional finalist for “Apeejay India volunteer Award” in the category volunteer involving NGO of the year 2011
- Vidya Poshak was adjudged as technology for NGO by Microsoft USA and video document vp could be seen on MS website
- Vidya Poshak was honored by Kannda sahitya Parishattu Dharwad taluk in its First sahitya Sammelana Dharwad.
Vidya Poshak Achievers. (Sample)
- Mr. Amrutraj Joshi has secured 771 rank in All India Gate exam and is pursuing MS in Communication at IIT, Madras.
- 2. Mr. Anilkumar Tolamatti has been secured a seat at the prestigious college of “Indian Institute of Science Education and Research”, Pune.
- Ms. Chetana Tamadaddi has been secured a seat at the prestigious college of “Indian Institute of Science Education and Research”, Bhopal.
- Mr. Mounesh Badiger, Mr. Supreet Talikoti, Mr.Chetan Sukte have completed their engineering graduation from NIT, Suratkal and are working in BMWARE, L&T and KIOCL companies respectively.
- Mr. Sachin S completed his engineering graduation from NIT, Suratkal.
- Mr. Manjunath A.Y, Mr. Suvith Kumar and Mr. Shreesha Adiga are pursuing their engineering course in NIT, Suratkal.
- 7. Ravi Channannavar joined IPS cadre.
- Mr. Gururaj Joshi working in (post-doctoral research)UT Austin, Austin (USA). He was 7th rank and awarded a gold medal in the final year B.Sc. He completed his Doctoral Studies at Bristol University, London.
- Mr. Nagaraj Pandharikar is presently pursuing MD in AIMS, New Delhi. He won a Gold Medal for the final year MBBS.
- Mr.Mahaveer Sabannavar has been won the “Best Sound Design Award” for the movie “Blue Palace” in NO LIMITS Film Festival held at Sheffield, England.
- 2. Mr. Gururaj Joshi has bagged “Common Wealth Scholarships Award” for his research
- Ms.Janhavi Belgaumkar won a Gold Medal in MCA.
- Ms. Vidya Bhat won a Gold Medal in Journalism at degree level.
- Ms. Priyanka Naragund completed B.E in Mechanical from prestigious college B.V.B Engineering and Technology, Hubli has won Gold Medal for securing 1st Rank in Mechanical branch all four years both at the college and university level.
- Ms. Renuka Nayak studying M.Sc-III year Forestry has bagged 3 gold medals for her good performance in B.Sc Forestry.
- Mr.Shridhar Y Bandiwad studying in J.N.N.C College, got four Gold medals for excellence academic performance.
- Mr. Shivanand Pattenshetty with CET rank “124” secured a seat under super numeric quota in prestigious “R V College of Engineering”, Bangalore.
- Mr. Jayant Nadgir with CET rank ‘168” secured seat in prestigious “PES Institute of Technology”, Bangalore.
- Mr. Mahantesh Pujar with CET rank “262” secured a seat under merit quota in “Bangalore Medical College”, Bangalore.
- Mr. Abhilash Laturkar secured 410th rank in Diploma CET -2011-12.
- Mr. Abhishek Mathade with CET rank “524” secured a seat under merit quota in “B.V.B. Engineering College”, Hubli.
- Mr. Hanumant Kullur studying in PUC-II Science has been selected for State Level Chess contest.
- Ms. Divya Hegde completed her B.Sc graduation.
She has won:
- 1st place in University level Ball Badminton competition.
2. 2nd place in state level Science Seminar competition.
3. 2nd place in folk dance in inter college youth festival.
- Mr. Vivek F Hegde completed his B.Com graduation.
He has won:
- 1st place in South Zone Folk Orchestra held at Mysore in the month of November, 2009.
- 3rd place in National Level Folk Orchestra held at Routhat (Hariyana) in February, 2010.
- Won “Best Actor” award in State Level one act play held at Ravindra Kalashetra, Bangalore in September, 2009.
- Ms.Vidyalaxmi and her team has bagged 2nd Prize at the prestigious Robert Bosch Paper presentation contest at the National Level. Further her team has won Rs.50000/- cash prize and direct employment. Presently studying in B.E-III year E&C branch, BVBCET, Hubli.
- Mr.Bailabasappa Kabberhalli studying PUC-II year Arts has won six Gold medals for Yoga Championship at International level held at Nepal and Thailand.
- Ms. Akshata B Nagaral studying PUC-II year Science has bagged “Young Scientist” award for achievements in Science and also received B+ grade for Science Congress concept – Organic forming and also received Medal from Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam.
- Mr. Manjunath Morabad, Ms. Kavya Hegde, Ms. Bhagyalaxmi R Hegde, Mr.Gurudas Hegde, Ms.Seema V Hegde,Ms.Vidya Raysad and Raghavendra Gadde have passed Common Proficiency Test (CPT) in first attempt. It was exam for the Chartered Accountant (CA).
- Ms.Medha Patkar studying PUC-II Commerce has won 1st Prize in Debate competition at district level as well as State level. She also won 1st prize in 400 mtrs running.
- Supriya J V studying PUC-II Commerce has bagged 1st prize for 5000 and 600 mtrs running in District level.
- Chandrakant Mopagal studying PUC-II year Science has won 1st prize at District level Drawing Competition.
- Shruti Hegde studying B.E-I year Computer science has won prestigious “Gnanashree” Award from Bengaluru Educational and Charitable Trust, bagged Silver Medal from Indian Cultural Foundation, Bengaluru and Gold Medal for International Chintana Mathematics Examination at High School level. She also got 1st prize in Rangoli at State level and 1st prize in Essay writing at District level.
- Mr. Lalitkumar Motagi a student of Vidya Poshak is a member of Project Jatayu which is an Autonomous UAV project of his college. Lalitkumar and his team consists of 8 member were been 3rd in “AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK CHALLENGES” in 2009. Now he and his team has an opportunity to take this project to greater heights by participating in the 2012 Student UAS Competition organized by AUVSI and to be held in Maryland, USA in the month of June.
- Ms.Anusha Bellary studying B.Com-III year in Women’s College,Hubli and has secured 1st Rank to the Women’s University. She scored 96.6%.
- 19. Ms.Kavya S Hegde and Ms. Soumya passed IPCC exam in first attempt without any coaching. It was the exam for the Chartered Accountant (Course).
- Sachin Puranic Completed B.E this year in R.V. College has placed in Freescale Semiconductors,Bangalore with the highest salary of Rs.8.8 Lakh per annum.
- Mr. Preetam secured 2nd rank in Long Jump at National level championship and bagged Silver Medal.
22.Ms.Nisha secured 2nd rank in Word Wizard Competition held at Mrutyunjaya College and Oxford College.
23.Mr. Vishwanath Tenagi attended National level NCC camp and selected as Guard of honor.
- J. Amareshwara got 73rd rank in Medical and 194 rank in Engineering CET Exam. (Entrance exam for profession course, like engineering, medical, etc.).
- This year total 40students passed CPT/IPCC exam in First attempt.(Entrance exam for CA Course).
- Ms. Nanda Hanabaratti cracked KAS exam in first attempt and working as a “Social Welfare Officer” at Dharwad.
- Mr.Amrut.A.Sunagar has secured 7th rank at State level in Diploma CET.
28.Laxman Pujar has topped in prestigious All India Institute of Medical Science PG entrance test (In Specified Category)
- Mr. Amrutraj Joshi has successfully completed his IIT Degree at Madras
30.Mr. Ravindra a resident of Gunaki village from Bijapur District has bagged the 364 Rank in the IAS exam in his Second attempt.
31.Miss Chaitra Hegde studying XII th Grade in MES Chaitanya college has secured 1st Rank to the college.She scored 99.5% in PCMB Physics -99,Chemistry-99,Maths -100,Biology-100