Vidya Poshak, is a registered NGO serving education community from 2001.
“We strongly believe Education is the solution for Ending Poverty. When we invest in a Young, economically challenged meritorious youth for a few years, we can break the poverty cycle of a family forever”
Nurture Merit Program Is a well-designed, structured and focused program to support bright students coming from economically challenged families for their Higher Education to complete their Graduation degree leading to a meaningful employment/self employment.
Nurture Merit Program Components
- Financial Assistance: This will cover college fees, transportation and exam fees. Along with this additional amount for coaching is given for a few performers. For some extreme need based cases (10%) additional amount is also given to cover room and boarding
- Knowledge Center Services: Reference books, Career Counseling, Online Webinars, Mentoring Activities, Industry visits and Monthly workshops are provided to the students.
- Bridge Training through Residential Camps: Every student will be provided with various skill and need based trainings to enhance communication/life skills and employment opportunities. Along with this to ensure creating good, sensitive citizens for the society.
Student Selection Process
Student application process starts from Feb Mid Every year
Initial Student Application form will be online and can be filled using Mobile
Levels of Screening process
- First level screening : SSLC Marks & Based on the documents uploaded (Electricity Bill + Ration Card + Bank Pass Book)
- Second Level Screening : Telephonic Discussion will be conducted by Volunteers and will be hosted by VP Team.
- Third level Screening : Dwelling unit visits by Volunteers to meet the parents & assess the poverty condition.
Financial Support details:
Support amount to be transferred to the students’ account directly to their account.
- Financial support for Non Professional (PUC & Degree) students upto INR 15,000
- Financial support for Professional is upto INR 40,000/- & above based on donors wish
- Agri & Allied courses , (Nursing , Horticulture, Fisheries etc.) Support up to INR25000/-
- Higher level of Poverty and higher level of merit will get priority for support