VISION: “Transforming Unemployed Graduates to Employable Graduates”
The program is supported by
THE CHALLENGE :
The India Skills Report* 2021 clearly shows a staggering 54% of eligible youth are unemployable and another 15% of them are underemployed, with hardly any change in the hiring intent over the last two years. Apart from an impact by the Covid-19 pandemic, there is a clear lack of skills that the hiring market seeks. The environment where the rural students are born and brought up hampers their ability to stay confident among well-provided competitors and face challenging job requirements or general hardships in life. There is a lack of guidance, mentoring and systematic training to make the students ready to plunge into a work environment.
A workplace environment demands strong interpersonal skills, growth mindset, diligence, and perseverance apart from the basic skillsets like English Communication, Presentation Skills, Problem Solving Skills, Basic Computer skills. Timely intervention can facilitate exposure to the realities of the competitive employment sector and develop the necessary skills to acquire opportunities and sustain in the job market. Training in how to navigate a workplace environment can go a long way in anticipating and meeting the challenges and demands of a competitive and fast-paced environment
The unique design of the program bridges the gap between academic training and industry requirements, & also facilitates the holistic development of skills and attitudes in students. The goal of the curriculum is to build confidence in students such that they have the requisite knowledge, skills, and mindset to start a career in the corporate or government sector. Hundreds of Vidya Poshak scholars benefit from this program along with their B.A, B.Com, and B.Sc. courses.
INDICATORS OF SUCCESS
Ensured placement at entry level in the service sector, with visibly improved skills and mindset.
Students break the generational poverty cycle and their families thrive in a financially secure ecosystem.
Students are placed in the workforce within 3 months of the program.
After completing the Career Connect Training program, participants will be able to:
Deal effectively with customers& their queries
Manage work to meet requirements
Work effectively with colleagues
Maintain a healthy, safe, and secure working environment
Provide data/information in standard formats
Develop knowledge, skills, and competence
- Collaborative learning in an activity-based, student-centric environment with industry interaction & mentoring.
- Customized modules as per the need & requirements of the students
- Expert lead works shops
- Continuous Mentoring support
- eClassroom with Blended Learning environment
- Organizational & Leadership skills modules to help students develop organizational & leadership skills, a key component in their career.
- Scenarios-based activities like Role Plays, Group Discussions, Issue-Based Analysis, Case studies, etc.
Sample Daily Schedule
- Group Activity (Collaborative Circle) – Mentor Led – 60 Min (9AM-10AM)
- Facilitated Session – 10:30AM-1:00PM (120 Min – Two session)
- Individual Mentoring time 2:00 to 2:30PM
- Mentor Led Activities – 2:30PM – 4:00PM (90Min)
- Closing – 4:00PM-4:30PM (30Min)
- Assignments & Self Learning (120Min)
Training Cost per student
The total cost of three months of Training, 1 month of Placement support, and 2 months post-placement support is INR 25000 per student.