Why should I join Vidya Poshak teacher internship?
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of the excellent education movement
- Believes in transforming the future of rural children through excellent education
- Space to bring your ideas into action in a culture that values innovation
What will I gain by doing the internship
- You will gain necessary Knowledge & Skills to become an Excellent teacher
- Get exposure to education ecosystem and ground reality
Who can apply?
- Young graduates (between 21 to 26 years old) who are willing to commit to full-time as interns teaching rural school children
I have given my final year exams and the results not yet came, still can I apply?
- Yes, You can apply if you have attended final semester exams in 2020
I completed my higher education/ PG, can I apply?
- Sure, If you are passionate to teach and want to be a change leader and role model in the community
Where will I be placed if I get selected?
- Dharwad, Karnataka and teaching will be in and around Dharwad village schools
Can other district candidates apply?
- Yes, candidates from all over Karnataka who are fluent in Kannada and English can apply.
Will I be paid during my internship?
- Yes, you will get Rs.10000 as monthly stipend for internship
Will I be trained for an internship?
- You will undergo one week training in pedagogy, systemic teaching skills and classroom management. An exposure to other potential educators/education entrepreneurs in the ecosystem will also be offered.
- Continuous on-Job training will be provided to enable you to become an excellent teacher
What is the duration for internship?
- Its is 6 months full-time commitment
- From Dec 2020 – May 2021.
Can I get any certificate for an internship?
- You will get experience letter and appreciation certificate from Vidya Poshak
Is work experience mandatory?
- No, any volunteer experience or teaching experience is preferable (Tution class experience also will count)
What opportunity will be available to me after completion of internship?
- The role starts as an intern but has a possibility for converting into two year fellowship after 6 months only if you meet the criteria to become fellow (or by checking your improvements in competencies organization will decide)
How can I apply for an internship?
- Visit www.vidyaposhak.ngo
What is the Deadline for submitting the application?
- The Final Deadline for accepting applications is October 31, 2020, Monday. The outcome will be communicated to you within 1 week.
Schools have not yet started, if I got selected how can I teach children?
- We will prepare you for online and offline teaching.
What is the selection process?
- There will be 3 rounds of selection process
- Shortlisted applicants will receive the information about next rounds
- Final round of interviews will be held in Dharwad
What are all the skills needed for an internship?
- Communication skill
- Presentation skill
- Basic computer skills
- Research and design skills
What and whom will I be teaching?
- You will be teaching either Science or Maths to Rural kannada medium middle school students
What are all the documents needed to submit along with the application?
- You have to upload updated CV along with application
Can I send an application written copy by post?
- Only online application will be considered
- Any other questions Call/WhatsApp 9845038017 or 8861201831